Gardening in Bloom: Tips to Beautify Your Home with a GardenPosted by Capital Insurance Partners on
If you are looking to increase the aesthetic value of your home, it is important you take the time and effort to make improvements that do not add significant, long-term costs to you or future owners of the home. Having a garden filled with flowers, plants or even vegetables and herbs is one of the most cost-effective ways to beautify your home and add to its beauty and value. Of course there are many actions you can take to give your garden and home a new-found appeal. The key is to be resourceful and creative. Here are just a few tips to help you get started:
- Find out what drought-tolerant plants and flowers can be incorporated into your garden. Having a garden that does not require extensive watering will lower your monthly household expenses while at the same time leaving you with a beautiful garden year-round.
- Search for plants native to either Washington or the state of DC, as these types of plants have already proven to do well in this type of climate and locale.
- Herbs, vegetables and fruit-bearing trees can also be planted in a garden to give it a unique look and allow you and your family to have fresh organic-grown food for years to come.
- One of the most basic water-saving tips for a home garden is to add a pebble or rock creek that can go from the downspout of your rain gutter directly into your garden. Any water collected in your rain gutter will then flow naturally into the rocks and soil.
- Add a bench or two where you, your family, and your guests can sit and enjoy nature’s beauty just steps away from your home. Repurposed tables, chairs and other household items can also add a certain flair to a home’s garden.
- Plant a few trees in places where you want to have shade in future years. Be sure to plant the trees away from your home or any concrete paths as a tree’s roots can often grow far and wide. Having carefully placed trees will also help cool your Washington home during those hot summer months.
- Having a compost pile out back or installing a compost bin in your kitchen is a resourceful way to provide your garden with the nutrients it needs without having to incur additional expenses or introduce chemical fertilizers into the soil. Gardens tend to thrive when natural materials such as food waste and fallen leaves are used to fertilize the soil.
- Last, but not least, tend to your garden. Pull any weeds, prune the hedges and keep your garden well-maintained. In some cases, this action alone may be all it takes to improve your home’s natural charm.
Most people in the city of Washington take a lot of pride in trying to make their home a safe and comfortable place for their family to live. One of the most neglected, yet noticeable features of a home is its garden. Taking the time to beautify your Washington home with a garden can be extremely beneficial to you, your neighbors and the community at large for many years to come.
At Capital Insurance Partners, we take pride in being able to provide Washington homeowners with the peace of mind in knowing their home and everything they have worked so hard to build is covered in the event of an unfortunate accident or natural disaster. Our homeowner insurance policies offer coverage for primary dwellings, as well as for most outlying structures such as garages, sheds and fences. Most policies also include personal property coverage, loss of use coverage, liability insurance and more.
The time to estimate the value of your Washington home, garden and property is now, not after an accident or other type of incident has resulted in serious injury or loss. A homeowner will only be able to seek damages for property and loss up to the maximum covered under the terms of the homeowners’ insurance policy. If you do not have sufficient coverage, you could be forced to pay out of pocket to rebuild your home or get any medical attention that is the result of the accident or disaster. There is no reason to leave yourself vulnerable when an agent from Capital Insurance Partners has the knowledge and skills to help you accurately determine the amount of coverage that will keep your family safe.
To find out whether you have sufficient coverage, we recommend you contact Capital Insurance Partners so that we can have a Washington personal home insurance agent meet with you at a time and place that works with your schedule. You are under no obligation to retain coverage through Capital Insurance Partners, but you can count on our friendly team to do everything we can to help you obtain the maximum amount of coverage at the lowest possible rate. Call a Washington personal home insurance agent today.Filed Under: Home Insurance, Homeowners Insurance, Insurance Agent | Tagged With: D.C, Insurance Agent, Washington